Taking cash payments
Besides card payments, you can also accept cash payments with iZettle. This makes it easy for you to keep track of all the payments you accept, whether they're made by cash or card.
This is how you take a cash payment:
1. Enter amount
- Launch the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter the amount, a short description of what you’re selling and take a picture if you’d like.
2. Tap "Charge"
- Tap Charge in the app.
- Select Cash as Payment Method.
3. You receive cash
- You receive cash from the customer.
- The customer can enter their email address and/or mobile number in the app to receive a receipt. You can also print the receipt if you have a printer that supports AirPrint.
Read more on how you connect a cash drawer.
- When receiving a cash payment with iZettle, you get cash from the customer and choose the option “Cash payment” when you make the transaction.
- When you accept a cash payment and process it via iZettle you don't pay any fees, but remember that no money will be deposited to your bank account as no money is transferred between accounts in our system.
- To record your sales paid in cash, the Cash payments option must be enabled in the Payment Settings menu of the app. To enable Cash payments, open the app menu > go to Payment Settings > and switch on Cash payments (by turning on the green button). You will then have the option to select Cash as a Payment method when making a sale (as show in Step 2 above).
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on: 32 72 04 70
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. email@example.com
iZettle til restauranter
- Taking card payments
- Taking cash payments
- Accepted cards
- Transaction limits
- Customising receipt information
- Order tickets
- Was the payment approved?
- Amount reserved on customer's bank account
- Krav om gebyroplysninger
- Important info about taking payments without a card reader
Bank account and deposits
My iZettle account
Managing my business
Security and privacy
- Contact us