Import and export your products
If you want to add or edit a lot of products in your Product Library, you can use our import and export feature. It’s perfect if you have a store with a lot of products, and you can also upload barcodes to your products.
1. Download the Excel template.Sign in to my.izettle.com and go to Products. Click “Export Excel” to download a spreadsheet.
2. Add information.
The Excel file has the following columns, which is where you’ll add information about your products. To add a new product, just add information to the next available row in the spreadsheet.
- Name: Your product’s name. (Mandatory.)
- Variant name: Variants of a product like colour, size or flavour can be added here. All variants must share exactly the same product name in order to be connected, and it’s case-sensitive. (Optional.)
- Price: Your product or variant’s price. Leave it blank if you want to enter the price at checkout. (Optional.)
- Barcode: If you have products with barcodes, you can add the barcode number to this column. Then you can scan the product in the app if you have connected a supported barcode scanner. (Optional.)
- Custom unit: If your product is sold by piece, you can leave this column blank. Otherwise, you can enter units like g (grams), m (metres), or hrs (hours) here. Unit names can’t be longer than 4 characters. (Optional.)
- VAT in %: Enter the VAT rate for this product here. You can only enter VAT rates that are relevant in your country: 0%, 5% or 20%. (Optional.)
- Product ID: When adding new products, leave this column blank.
3. Import your Excel file.Save your spreadsheet in .xls format. In my.izettle.com/products, click “Import Excel”. Drag and drop your Excel file onto your browser window, or choose the file from your computer.
4. Review your import.When your Excel file has uploaded, you have the chance to review the import. Any errors that are detected will be highlighted.
Make any changes necessary to your Excel file and upload it again. When you’re happy with the review, click Import Products.
1. Download your products.Sign in to my.izettle.com and go to Products. Click “Export Excel” to download a spreadsheet listing your products.
2. Edit information.Edit the information about your products in the columns listed above. Don’t change the Product ID. This is iZettle’s way of knowing if a product is already in your product library. Don’t change the names of the columns, remove columns, or change the order of the columns.
3. Import your Excel file and review your changes.Save and import your file in the same way as above.
- All variants of the same product must have the same VAT rate.
- Only .xls format is supported, not .xlsx or .csv.
- You can’t add, remove or edit folders using this feature.
- Don’t have empty rows in the middle of your Excel file.
- Your Excel file can’t have more than 2,000 rows. If you want to import more products than this, import them in batches.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on: 32 72 04 70
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. email@example.com