About the iZettle readers
iZettle Reader 2
Our new and improved iZettle Reader 2
- Connects to your device via Low Energy Bluetooth
- Accepts chip and PIN, contactless (tap) payments, and mobile payments including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- For chip & PIN payments, and contactless payments above a certain amount, transactions are approved with the customer’s PIN or signature
- Fast, stable and easy to use – contactless card payments and transactions under £30 are approved in seconds (amount may differ between market)
- Charges via USB cable (approximately 1‒2 hours). Compatible with iZettle Dock 2.
- Eight-hour battery life (100 transactions)
What's new with the iZettle Reader?
A more welcoming reader
Now the iZettle Reader and iZettle Reader 2 will greet your customers the same way you do, with a friendly new welcome message!
When your iZettle Reader or iZettle Reader 2 is turned on and connected to your smartphone or tablet, a welcome message on the reader will greet your next customer.
When your customer is ready to complete their purchase using a card, the reader will show the amount and ask to tap or insert a card.
When the payment is complete, the friendly welcome message will return awaiting the next customer.
Compatible smartphones and tablets
The iZettle Reader can be used with a variety of iOS and Android devices. Please note that you’ll need to connect your card reader and device via Bluetooth first. Check if your device is compatible here, as well as whether you have the most up-to-date version of your smartphone/tablet software).
Important notice regarding use
iZettle supplies the card reader device for use by you or your business, as applicable, and you agree not to use the product for any re-sale purposes. You must not use the product for any purpose other than effecting payment transactions through your installed version of the iZettle mobile software application. You may not modify the software or the hardware of the product in any way, save to the extent permitted by mandatory law.
Handling and caring for your Reader
Keep the card reader in a cool, dry place (ideally, 22° C). Use a soft, damp cloth to clean the device’s exterior. Do not spray any type of liquid directly onto the device, and avoid exposure of any of its openings to moisture. Do not use solvents. Ensure that nothing enters your card reader through any openings, such as the card slots. Avoid causing shock or negligent handling of your card reader.