Taking cash payments
Besides card payments, you can also accept cash payments with iZettle. This makes it easy for you to keep track of all the payments you accept, whether they're made by cash or card.
This is how you accept a cash payment:
1. Enter an amount
- Launch the iZettle Go app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter the amount, a short description of what you’re selling and take a picture if you’d like.
2. Tap "Charge"
- Tap Charge in the iZettle Go app.
- Select Cash as your payment method.
3. Receive cash
- Receive cash from the customer.
- The customer can enter their email address and/or mobile number in the iZettle Go app to receive a receipt. You can also print the receipt if you are connected to a supported printer.
Read more on how to connect cash drawers here.
- When receiving a cash payment with iZettle, you get cash from the customer and choose the option “cash payment” when you make the transaction.
- When you accept a cash payment and process it via iZettle you don't pay any fees, but remember that no money will be deposited to your bank account as no money is transferred between accounts in our system.
- To record your sales paid in cash, the cash payments option must be enabled in the Payment Settings menu of the iZettle Go app. To enable cash payments, open the iZettle Go app menu > go to Payment Settings > and switch on cash payments (by turning on the green button). You will then have the option to select cash as a payment method when making a sale (as show in Step 2 above).
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. email@example.com
Using iZettle in the app & online
- Taking card & contactless payments for small businesses
- Taking cash payments
- Accepted cards
- Transaction limits
- Customising your receipts
- Order tickets
- Was the payment approved?
- Amount reserved in customer's bank account
- Signage to show you accept card payments
- Fee schedule
Card readers & accessories
Bank account & deposits
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
- Contact us