Updating the software of your card reader
Having the latest software improves Bluetooth and overall stability of the card reader.
- Make sure that the iZettle Reader or Pro Contactless is connected to your smartphone or tablet.
- Open your iZettle Go app.
- Go to “Settings“ and then to "Card readers“.
- Tap the green button saying “Update reader”. This button only appears when an update is available. It might take a few seconds for the button to appear. The update usually takes around 10 minutes for the Pro Contactless and 2-3 minutes for the iZettle Reader.
- The app will inform you when the card machine has been successfully updated, and is then ready to be used again.
- Make sure that the card reader and your smartphone or tablet are charged before you update the software.
- Keep the smartphone or tablet close to the card reader during the update.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Using iZettle in the app & online
Card readers & accessories
- About the card readers
- Compatible smartphones and tablets
- Connecting a card reader via Bluetooth
- Troubleshooting the iZettle Reader
- Troubleshooting earlier iZettle readers
- Updating the software of your card reader
- Buying a card reader
- Card reader delivery
- How to cancel your card reader purchase
- TFL Bundle
- What kinds of payment can I accept with the iZettle reader?
Bank account & deposits
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
Introduction to the Legal Hub
- Contact us