Updating your card reader software
By running the latest version of our card reader software, you can improve the performance and experience of your reader.
- Make sure that the card reader and your smartphone or tablet are charged
- Keep the smartphone or tablet close to the card reader to ensure connectivity
Before attempting to update the reader software, ensure you are running the latest version of the iZettle Go app. Follow these steps to download the latest iZettle Go app on your smartphone or tablet:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play store to see if there is an update
- If there is an update available, install the latest version of the app
Once the latest iZettle Go app is installed on your device, you can check if there is a reader software update available, or if one is currently being downloaded:
- Make sure that the reader is turned on and connected to your smartphone or tablet.
- In the iZettle Go app, go to “Settings” > “Card readers” and then tap on your connected reader. In this view, you can see the details of your card reader, including the current software versions on the reader.
- If there is a reader software update available, it will be shown at the top of the reader view:
If an automatic software update is in progress, you will be able to see the download’s progress here. Once the reader software update is ready to be installed, you will be notified and asked to complete the installation. The reader will restart and the process to install the latest software takes approximately 7 seconds.
If an update is available, but not started, you can press the green “Update card reader” button to start the process manually, and simply follow the instructions to complete the update. Once the software has been downloaded, the reader will be restarted to install the update. The time to update the reader in this process is approximately 3-5 minutes.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on: 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Using iZettle in the app & online
Card readers & accessories
- About the iZettle readers
- Compatible smartphones and tablets
- Connecting the iZettle Reader via Bluetooth
- Troubleshooting iZettle Reader 2
- Troubleshooting iZettle Reader
- Troubleshooting earlier card readers
- Updating your card reader software
- Card reader delivery
- How to return your card reader
- What kinds of payment can I accept with the iZettle Readers?
Bank account & deposits
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
Introduction to the Legal Hub
- Contact us