Import and export your products
If you want to add or edit a lot of products in your Product Library, you can use our import and export feature. Create or update your shop in a flash by adding product information to an Excel file and import to your Product Library.
1. Download the Excel templateSign in to my.izettle.com and go to Products. Click the template file link to download an Excel file. If you already have products in your library, you can access the template file by clicking “Import”. In the Import overlay you will find the example file link on the bottom left.
2. How to import productsa.) For iZettle Go app users (not applicable to iZettle E-Commerce users)
Follow the instructions below on how to add products if your business is only selling through the iZettle POS (point-of-sale) app. In case you also sell with iZettle E-Commerce please follow these instructions instead.
b.) For both iZettle Go app and iZettle E-commerce users
Follow these instructions on how to add products if your business is selling both through the POS (point-of-sale) app and with iZettle E-commerce.
The Excel template has the following columns, which is where you’ll add information about your products. To add a new product, just add information to the next available row in the spreadsheet.
- Name: Your product’s name. (Required)
- Custom unit: If your product is sold by piece, you can leave this column blank. Otherwise, you can enter units like g (grams), m (metres), or hrs (hours) here. Unit names can’t be longer than 4 characters.
- VAT in %:Enter the VAT rate for this product here (without the percentage sign). You can only enter VAT rates that are relevant in your country: 0, 5 or 20.
- Option1 Name: If your product has options, add the name of the option here. For example: Size.
- Option1 Value: If your product has options, then add values for the option here. For example Small, Medium and Large.
- Option2 Name: If your product has a second option, add the name of the option here. For example: Colour.
- Option2 Value: If your product has a second option, then add values for the option here. For example Black and White.
- Option3 Name: If your product has a third option, add the name of the option here. For example: Material.
- Option3 Value: If your product has a third option, then add values for the option here. For example Cotton and Wool.
What are options and option values?
If your products come in different options, such as sizes, colours or materials, you can add these to your product in the Excel template. We call these “options” and your product can have up to three of them. Once you’ve added an option (for example, size) you can then add “option values” (for example, small, medium, large).
Once you’ve defined all the different option values for your product and added them to your excel template, the combination of option values will result in a list of variants.
- Price: The price of the item. Leave it blank if you want to enter the price at checkout.
- Cost price: The price you bought the item for.
- Barcode: If you have products with barcodes, you can add the barcode number to this column. Then you can scan the product in the iZettle Go app.
- SKU: The SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) of the variant. A SKU is the unique ID you assign to an item for inventory tracking purposes.
- In stock: The stock quantity of the item. If you fill in an amount, the inventory tracking for this item will automatically be activated. After you have imported the Excel file you will see the new stock balance in the Inventory tab.
- Variant ID: When adding new variants, leave this column blank. The ID is automatically generated and it’s iZettle’s way of knowing if a variant is already in your product library.
- Product ID: When adding new products, leave this column blank. The ID is automatically generated and it’s iZettle’s way of knowing if a product is already in your product library.
Please do not remove, rename or reorder the columns, and please do not change the Product ID or Variant ID. We use all these details to find out whether a product is already in your product library and if they are removed your upload will not work.
3. Import your Excel file
Save your spreadsheet in .xls or .xlsx format. Make sure that the sheet name matches the name in the template file. In my.izettle.com/products, click “Import Excel”. Drag and drop your Excel file onto your browser window, or choose the file from your computer.
4. Review your importWhen your Excel file has uploaded, you have the chance to review the import. Any errors that are detected will be highlighted.
Make any changes necessary to your Excel file and upload it again. When you’re happy with the review, click Import Products.
Export & edit productsIf you already have products in your Product Library that you want to edit, you can export your products, edit them using Excel, and import the changes.
1. Download your productsSign in to my.izettle.com and go to Products. Click “Export Excel” to download a spreadsheet listing your products.
2. Edit informationEdit the information about your products in the columns listed above.
WARNING!Save and import your file in the same way as above.
Don’t change the names of the columns, remove columns, or change the order of the columns. Don’t change the Product ID or Variant ID. This is iZettle’s way of knowing if a product is already in your product library.
Good to know
- All variants of the same product must have the same VAT rate.
- Supported formats are .xls and .xlsx.
- You can’t add, remove or edit folders using this feature.
- Don’t rename the sheet or add more sheets / tabs in the Excel file.
- Your Excel file can’t have more than 2,000 rows. If you want to import more products than this, import them in batches.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on: 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org