You can configure the layout of the iPad buttons on your till to maximise efficiency and ease of use for your staff. For example, you can place the most popular products within easy reach, or create a section as a reminder to your staff to upsell certain items. A layout is created automatically for each category.
To configure a button layout:
- Log into your Backoffice portal.
- Select Layouts from the left-hand menu.
- Select Button Layout from the drop-down menu. This displays your current layouts.
- Click Create Button Layout.
- Name your layout (for example, ‘Spirits’), assign it a colour, and click Create to save it.
- To edit which options appear on this layout, click Manage Buttons.
- To add products to the button layout, click Add Product. Search for the product you want and click Add.
- To apply portion sizes to products, select Add Portion Control. For example, you can split drinks into small, medium and large. Click Add. You can split these out and move them around the layout as with any other button.
- Click Save Changes.
To set up different layouts per terminal:
You can set up different layouts per terminal; for example, the terminal by the bar may have a different layout to the terminal in your restaurant.
- Select Layouts from the left-hand menu and select Per Terminal Layouts from the drop-down menu.
- Select each terminal and assign a custom button layout to each.
- To reset to the original layout, click Reset To Default. Your custom layouts are still available, but your terminal returns to its original state.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch.
Call us: 0800 404 5805
E-mail us: email@example.com
Using iZettle in the app & online
Card readers & accessories
Bank account & deposits
- Getting started with iZettle Pro
- Add product, category and department
- Tipping with iZettle Pro
- Button layouts
- Configuring employees
- Customising your receipts with iZettle Pro
- Compatible hardware with iZettle Pro
- Pairing chip & pin card readers
- Changing your password
- Using option groups
- Using stock management
- Advanced stock vs simple stock
- Generating Reports
- Configuring Loyalty
- Using promotions
- What's included in the monthly subscription fees?
- Network Requirements
- Xero and iZettle Pro
- Planday and iZettle Pro
- App improvements
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
- Contact us