Connecting Mailchimp to your account
If you’re using MailChimp to manage your customer relationships and you’d like to link up your account with your E-commerce store, here’s how to do it:
How to get started
- Log in to your account and click E-commerce
- Click on Apps > App Store
Find the MailChimp app and install the app to your store by clicking
Free > Install
- Find your API key in Mailchimp and copy your API Key from within your MailChimp account.
Paste your API key in the MailChimp app settings in your IZO account and click
- Select which mailing list to funnel your customers into. Already made sales? Export past data into your mailing list by enabling the Export features for existing customers, orders or both.
- Click Save to begin the process of transferring over previous orders/customers or to simply save your settings if this is your first time setting up MailChimp and you haven't made any orders
- The details of all future customers will be automatically added to your mailing list every time a sale is made, so they can be kept up to date with the latest news with your business
Creating Segments in MailChimp
If you would like to create segments to filter your contacts based on information collected during the checkout process, segments are the way to go.
To use segments you must first create a list in your account
Get started with segments:
- Log in to your MailChimp account and go to the Lists page and click the name of the list you want to work with
- Click: Create A Segment
Set the drop-down menus to something like Product Purchased | is | [Item name]
- Preview your segment and click Save
- Give your segment a name like 'Book purchases'
- Check the Auto-update box if you want MailChimp to update the segment when new orders match the conditions
- For detailed steps and more complex options, check out MailChimp's support article here.