What is a Repeat Payment?
If you’d like to accept payments for one fixed amount repeatedly, you can use the Repeat Payments feature whenever you need it.
Designed for ease and speed, customers simply tap their card against your iZettle Reader and one pre-specified amount will be withdrawn from their account. There’s no need to enter the amount each time and customers can pay with contactless cards, wearable tech or chip & PIN.
It’s as simple as 1,2,3: tap, pay, repeat!
Who uses Repeat Payments?
This feature is ideally suited to people who want to accept payments quickly from large numbers of people, for example charity donations or street musicians.
How do I get access to Repeat Payments?
If you’d like to be notified when this feature is released, contact us and request access to Repeat Payments.
How do I activate the repeat function?
At the moment, the Repeat Payment feature works with an iZettle Reader and our iOS app only.
- To be able use the feature, you need to be running the latest version of the iZettle iOS app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Your card reader must be up to date, so make sure you have the latest iZettle Reader software.How to update your card reader
- To start taking repeat payments with your card reader, you lastly need to activate the feature in the app. You will find the feature in “Settings” > “Payment settings” / “Card”.
How do I start receiving Repeat Payments?
- Add the “product” you want to accept payment for into the shopping basket on your iZettle app (for example a product named “donation”) or simply enter an amount.
- Tap “Repeat pay” as your payment method
- Now the card reader is ready to take a card payment. The customer can either tap their card or insert it into the card reader. When the payment is done the card reader will instantly become ready for another payment
Things to think of when using Repeat Payments:
- Make sure your card reader is connected to a charger or power bank and that you have a stable internet connection
- Set your phone to “Do not disturb” mode so calls don’t interrupt repeat payments
- You will not be able to add loyalty customers while using the feature
Will my customers get a receipt?
- If you have a printer connected you can choose to manually print the receipt after each payment or to print it automatically as soon as a payment has been completed. To activate automatic printing of the receipt, go to the “Settings” > “Printers” and enable receipts in the iZettle Go app.
- If you don’t have a printer connected you will not be able to send a receipt in the transaction process. But you can always “pause” the feature and go to “Settings” > “Receipts” to print, text or email a previous receipt to your customer.
- You can search for the specific transaction by entering the four last digits on the card being used.
How do I pause Repeat Payments?
You can pause or stop the feature at any time by tapping “cancel”.
How do refunds work with Repeat Payments?
Refunds are done just as normal from the app.
Can I deactivate Repeat Payments?
You can deactivate the function at any time in “Settings” > “Payment settings” / “Card”.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Using iZettle in the app & online
- Taking card & contactless payments for small businesses
- Taking cash payments
- Accepted cards
- Transaction limits
- Customising your receipts
- Order tickets
- Was the payment approved?
- Amount reserved in customer's bank account
- Signage to show you accept card payments
- Fee schedule
- Prohibited segments
- Repeat Payments
Card readers & accessories
Bank account & deposits
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
Introduction to the Legal Hub
- Contact us