How to add terms and conditions to your checkout
Do your research and protect your business and website by creating a terms and conditions page. The exact words that you should include on this page depends on your individual business.
With iZettle e-commerce, you can set up the T&C’s page within your shop and then link to it at checkout. You can add an ‘I agree to the terms and conditions’ checkbox to your checkout page that customers will be required to agree to before they can complete the payment process.
From your iZettle e-commerce dashboard, go to Settings > Checkout and then click on the Settings tab
Enable the T&Cs option
Customise the text and click ‘Save’
How will my customers agree to the T&C's?
You can choose whether customers choose to accept your terms via two methods:
Checkbox: Customers have to select the ‘Terms and Conditions’ checkbox before the order can be processed.
Completing purchase: By completing the purchase the customer is accepting the Terms and Conditions.
How can I customise the T&C’s?
The statement can be customised as required with the default being "I agree to [your store name]'s terms and conditions. The text can also be formatted with bold and linked pages.
To add a link, simply select the link icon and then enter the details for the link. Once inserted the customer can follow the link to your terms before completing their purchase.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. email@example.com
Using iZettle in the app & online
Card readers & accessories
Bank account & deposits
- Start selling online with iZettle E-commerce
- iZettle E-commerce task list
- Managing online inventory
- Customising your store
- Using themes
- Translating your theme with the language editor
- Setting up a custom domain
- Changing your URL
- Taking PayPal payments
- Adding discount codes
- How to add terms and conditions to your checkout
- How to know when you've sold an order through iZettle E-commerce
- Updating order & customer information
- Accepts marketing option
- Abandoned cart emails
- Enabling a blog
- Collecting your buyer's delivery address
- How to set up real-time carrier shipping rates
- How to set up manual shipping rates
- Letting buyers know that their order has been shipped
- Linking social media accounts
- Selling on Facebook
- How to connect Facebook Messenger with your online shop
- Setting up Facebook pixel tracking
- Setting up Google Analytics
- Handling sales tax with iZettle E-commerce
- Import and export your products
- Pausing or closing your store
- Connecting Mailchimp to your account
- Adding a 'buy now' button or widget to an existing site
- iZettle E-commerce Wordpress plugin
- Getting started with Unifaun
- Customising your shopping cart
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
Introduction to the Legal Hub
- Contact us