Upgrading to Version 5 of iZettle Pro
Here’s our at-a-glance guide to iZettle Pro Version 5. Take a look below to discover new features, how to upgrade and a few tips and tricks.
Version 5 offers many new features and improvements designed to help you and your staff save time and get the very most out of using the POS and Backoffice.
In the POS
- Loyalty, deposits, gift cards and accounts− we’ve redesigned these features to make them easier to use in your POS and made them cloud-based so that all your terminals now have access to the same information.
- Loyalty is now in Backoffice− Loyalty has moved from the POS into Backoffice, you can now save time by creating and updating the Loyalty feature on all iPads from one location.
- Speeding up your POS− we’ve streamlined some bits and pieces in your POS making commonly-used features much quicker and easier to use, including the use of quantity, promotions and table actions.
- Grouping items in the basket− we now group together multiple items of the same type into single lines to keep your POS basket uncluttered and easier to browse.
- Improved sync− to ensure you always have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips, we’ve increased the frequency of synchronisation between the POS and Backoffice so, when you make a sale, you’ll see this information appear immediately in your Backoffice.
Your new Backoffice has a sleek, updated design that makes it easier for you to run your business and get an in-depth understanding of your sales data. Key enhancements include:
- Reports− we’re improving reports to provide you with an at-a-glance view of your business, letting you drill down into your data and make better business decisions. Your ‘Sales Report’ is the first to get an update and you’ll see other reports appear as we release them.
- Managing products− a new, improved Product screen allows you to manage your products more easily. For example, you can now edit multiple products in a list without having to navigate away from this screen, and you can perform bulk actions such as deleting multiple products at once.
- Improved performance and mobile experience− we’ve redesigned Backoffice to provide a more responsive screen that offers better performance and a better experience on mobile, tablet or desktop.
- Under the hood, we’ve built a robust technical foundation so that we can continue to provide you with exciting new developments and improvements.
Gradual release of Version 5
Initially, we’re offering the benefits of the Version 5 app to selected customers in gradual phases, depending on which features you currently use in the POS. Over time, all the new Version 5 features will be made available to all of our customers.
How do I upgrade?
Before you upgrade
Before you upgrade to Version 5, be aware of the following:
- Once you’ve upgraded to Version 5, you cannot revert back to using Version 4.
- After switching to Version 5, your data will be reported only in the new Backoffice and its associated reports. Using the new Backoffice, you’ll be able to see data going back as far as 01/12/2018 or, if you’re a more recent customer, you’ll see all of your data.
- Data prior to the date of switching to Version 5 will still be available through your existing Backoffice.
- Make sure your staff read this page and know what changes to expect.
When’s the best time to upgrade?
We recommend that you perform the upgrade after you’ve finished trading for the day. This will give you time to perform the upgrade and to explore and familiarise yourself with the new features and updated design.
How do I upgrade?
To upgrade to V5:
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest version of the iZettle Pro app from the App Store. Once you have the latest app, you’ll see the option to switch to the v5.0 app.
- When you log in for the first time after upgrading, you’ll be prompted to confirm that you want to upgrade.
Upgrading only takes a few minutes so you’ll be up and running quickly.
If you’d like to read more about the topics mentioned above, head to our help pages by clicking these links:
- Backoffice reports
- Sales report
- Trading log
- Creating products, categories and departments in Backoffice
- POS enhancements