- American Express
- V pay
- Visa Electron
- Diners Club
- China Union Pay
The iZettle credit card reader allows you to take contactless and card payments as well as NFC phones, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Magnetic Stripe and the iZettle Reader 2
The iZettle Reader 2 does not accept magnetic stripe cards. This functionality was removed for security reasons and helps keep businesses safe by decreasing the chance of fraudulent transactions. Chip and Pin and Contactless transactions are a much safer form of accepting credit cards.
- V Pay
- Visa Electron
As a seller it is important for both your own and your customer’s safety that you check:
- that the card holder’s signature is on the back of the card
- that the card holder’s signature on the device screen matches that on the back of the card
- that the card does not bear any traces of alterations
- that the card has not expired
- that the card has been issued by one of the card issuers listed in the general terms and conditions.
As an additional security measure, you can check the cardholder's ID to see that it matches the name on the card.
If such a card is inserted into the mobile card reader, you will be prompted to select either “debit” or “credit”.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on: 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. email@example.com
Using iZettle in the app & online
- Taking card & contactless payments
- Taking cash payments
- Payment Links
- Accepted cards
- Transaction limits
- Customising your receipts
- Order tickets
- Was the payment approved?
- Amount reserved in customer's bank account
- Fee schedule
- Prohibited segments
- Repeat Payments
- Signage to show you accept card payments
Card readers & accessories
Bank account & deposits
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
Introduction to the Legal Hub
- Contact us