Adding a Buy Now Button or widget to an Existing Site
Adding a button, widget or an entire online store to your website is a snap. All you need to do is add a tiny bit of code to your page and your customers will be able to purchase without even leaving your site. Some of the steps vary depending on your platform.
If you are using a hosted version of WordPress, click here to get set up with the Selz plugin
Once installed, activate the plugin and then click on the Selz button in your visual editor. You can add buttons, widgets or an entire store to pages or posts within your WordPress site simply using this plugin.
Note: If you currently have a free website through WordPress.com, you will not be able to use the following steps due to WordPress.com restrictions on embedded code.
As long as your site or blog contains a text, HTML or source tab, you will be able to add one of our buttons/widgets directly just by copying a bit of code.
1. Go to the Buttons & Widgets tab from the main menu within your dashboard. This will display the button and widget editor.
2. Use the options on the left to make your choices about the button or widget's appearance. You can make adjustments to colours, behaviour, size and more within this editor.
3. When you are happy with the look of your button or widget, copy the code to the right.
4. Paste the copied code into your site (paste into the text, HTML or source tab).
5. And you're done! A beautiful button or widget is ready for your customers.
Note: This process looks a bit different on every site. Additional steps for Wix and Squarespace have been included below.
To add a button or widget to your Wix site, you will need to add a tiny bit of code by following the steps listed above. Once you have customised your button or widget, copy the code from the right-hand side panel and log into your Wix account.
Next, make sure you're signed into your Wix site and are in 'Edit' mode.
In the menu on the left, click on Add (the + symbol), then More > HTML Code. A box will appear for you to paste your code into.
This is an important step specifically for Wix: be sure to add the <div> tag before your code and </div> after. If you do not add this tag to your code, the widget/button will not be visible.
Once you add the HTML with div tags, your widget will appear and you will just need to drag the edges of the box to accommodate the widget's size. If you are displaying the purchase process in an overlay you will need to account for the size of the overlay window when adjusting the widget size.
4. Publish the page and you're done!
To begin with, you'll need to have your own Squarespace account and have created an item within iZettle. Once you have customised your button or widget, copy the code from the right-hand side panel and log into your Squarespace account.
Add a Code content block to your Squarespace page. This will allow you to enter HTML direct into your page.
Paste the code and click Apply.
At this stage, you won't be able to see the preview due to Squarespace restrictions on embedded code. Simply sign out of Squarespace to see the Selz button or widget.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. email@example.com
Using iZettle in the app & online
Card readers & accessories
- Start Selling Online with iZettle E-commerce
- iZettle E-commerce Task List
- Managing Online Inventory
- Customising your Store
- Using Themes
- Translating your theme with the Language Editor
- Setting Up a Custom Domain
- Changing your URL
- Taking PayPal payments
- Adding Discount Codes
- How to add Terms and Conditions to your checkout
- How to know when you've sold an order through iZettle E-commerce
- Updating Order & Customer Information
- Accepts Marketing Option
- Abandoned Cart emails
- Enabling a Blog
- Collecting your buyer's delivery address
- How to set up Real-time Carrier Shipping Rates
- How to set up manual shipping rates
- Letting buyers know that their order has been shipped
- Selling on Facebook
- Linking Social Media Accounts
- Setting up Google Analytics
- Setting up Facebook pixel tracking
- Handling sales tax with iZettle E-commerce
- Pausing or Closing your Store
- Connecting Mailchimp to your account
- Adding a Buy Now Button or widget to an Existing Site
- Getting started with Unifaun
Bank account & deposits
Accounting & analytics
iZettle account settings
Security & privacy
Introduction to the Legal Hub
- Contact us