Taking PayPal payments
iZettle E-commerce allows you to accept PayPal payments from your customers. If you have a PayPal Business account you are eligible to use the PayPal integration, which connects your PayPal account to your online store. Your buyers will send payment directly to your PayPal account. If you have enabled PayPal in your store, you will be charged 2% per transaction, and your payment is deposited into your PayPal account immediately upon successful payment.
Here's how to enable PayPal on your iZettle online store:
- From your E-commerce dashboard, click on Settings > Checkout
- Click on 'Connect to PayPal'
- Enter your PayPal email address and password. Make sure your browser allows pop-ups.
- Your PayPal account is now linked to your iZettle account. You can now accept payments from your buyers through PayPal.
- Make sure the list of currencies your PayPal account accepts includes the currency you have set up in your iZettle store.
- Your buyers will pay you directly into your PayPal account.
- Buyers will see your PayPal email address after payment is processed.
- If your buyer needs to be refunded and they paid via PayPal, the refund must be processed from your PayPal account.
What is a verified PayPal Account?
If you want to use PayPal as your payment gateway, you need a Verified PayPal account. A Verified PayPal account means your account can both send and receive payments and it is linked to a bank account and/or debit card.
Each PayPal account is different, so to learn more about the PayPal verification process and to verify your PayPal account, here are some FAQs that walk you through the steps. Once your PayPal account is verified, you can start using PayPal to take payments directly from your buyers and receive your payment immediately.
Currencies you can process with PayPal
Some currencies may not be accepted by your specific PayPal account - you will need to check based on the laws of your country. Unless otherwise specified, you can accept these currencies:
- Canadian Dollars
- British Pounds
- U.S. Dollars
- Japanese Yen
- Australian Dollars
- New Zealand Dollars
- Swiss Francs
- Hong Kong Dollars
- Singapore Dollars
- Swedish Kronor
- Danish Kroner
- Polish Zlotys
- Norwegian Kroner
- Hungarian Forints
- Czech Koruna
- Israeli Shekels
- Mexican Pesos
- Brazilian Real (for Brazilian customers only)
- Malaysian Ringgits (for Malaysian customers only)
- Philippine Pesos
- New Taiwan Dollars
- Thai Baht
- TRY for Turkish Liras (for Turkish customers only)
- Russian Rubles
If a buyer tries to process a combination that is not a valid PayPal transaction, we will receive a message from PayPal and then display a message notifying the buyer to contact you. If you are unsure of why a transaction may not be going through, the best thing to do is contact PayPal and find out more about which currencies are compatible with your account.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on: 0203 699 9934
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again or send us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org