Sign up to iZettle and connect with your Paypal account
If you’ve been using PayPal to take online payments and would like to take your first steps into physical (face-to-face) sales, iZettle has a point-of-sale system designed to make the process easy and fun.
It’s quick to connect your two accounts, and all the money from your iZettle card sales will be deposited into your PayPal account.
Why should I connect my PayPal account to iZettle?
Using the iZettle card reader and point-of-sale app, you can take chip and PIN, contactless and mobile payments almost anywhere in Great Britain. You can accept all major credit and debit cards as well as Apple, Samsung and Google Pay, and then have the money automatically deposited into your PayPal account.
How are PayPal and iZettle related?
iZettle is part of the PayPal family. Together we use technological innovation to create better ways to manage and move money, and offer choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
What about existing iZettle customers?
Existing iZettle customers can continue to use all iZettle products and services as usual but cannot, at this stage, connect to their PayPal accounts.
Does iZettle maintain the same security standards as PayPal?
iZettle is an E-money Institution, registered with and supervised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA), and dedicated to keeping your business safe.
All our software is developed following strict industry-standard best practices, such as OWASP and PCI DSS guidelines.
We work to prevent fraud before it happens with advanced systems that monitor every transaction that’s being processed, 24 hours a day. All traffic is logged and supervised to detect any unusual or suspicious activity. If our service is abused, we will terminate and block the user's account immediately.
We are EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) approved and comply with the strict "Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard" (PCI DSS) for handling card data. More details here.
All iZettle employees act in accordance with security policies designed to keep your data safe. We’re here to empower your business and put your mind at rest.
How to sign up for iZettle through PayPal
If you’ve received an email or seen a banner online, click the link to sign up. Then follow these steps:
- Click the ‘Get started’ button. If you’re not already logged in to your PayPal account, you’ll be asked to do so now.
- You’ll see a consent form, read through our terms and click accept
- Now you’ll be sent to our sign-up process, please follow the instructions on the page
- Congratulations, now you’re an iZettle user
- If you’d like to sign up for our PLUS subscription, you can do so now
- At this point, you should see a verification that your PayPal account is connected
- If you’d like to purchase an iZettle card reader, you can do so next
- Now you will be directed to my.izettle.com, a dashboard from which you can build your product library, get an overview of sales and track stock levels. You cannot edit your PayPal account details or your bank account details here, those must be changed on the PayPal website.
- Don’t forget to download the iZettle app so that you can start selling!
Why do I need to give my details to iZettle?
iZettle is registered with and supervised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA) and as such, is required to verify your personal and business details to keep you safe and reduce financial risks for our registered users.
Payouts & transactions
- At the end of each day, iZettle will collect all your sales together and send the money straight to your PayPal account. You’ll have access to the money in your account in 24 hours.
- For the first 3 business days after creating your account, iZettle is obliged to perform additional security verification and will therefore not make any deposits even if you have made card payments.
- You can see a list of payouts to your PayPal account in your account statement, which you can find at my.izettle.com under ‘Sales’ and then ‘Account statement’.
- Your transaction details will only be available in your PayPal account and will appear within 24 hours.
- If you want to change the bank account that PayPal sends your money to, you must do that on your PayPal page and not on your iZettle page.
How to log into iZettle once you are a registered user
When you sign in to your iZettle app or my.izettle.com, you simply need to enter your PayPal credentials (email and password).
Settings: Email and password changes
If you want to edit your email address, password or bank details, you must do so on your PayPal page.
Need more help?
If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch. Our Support team is on duty 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekdays.
Call us on: 0203 699 9934